Anti-Aging Medicine is aimed at the early detection, prevention and treatment of age-related decline. It’s important to consider methods to slow aging and promote wellness into older age. “We live in a society that values youth above all else” and whilst we may seek aesthetic enhancement to help us look younger on the outside it won’t stop the aging on the inside.
Many skin conditions can be eased by following the Truly Heal™ protocol, this advanced form of functional Medicine which focuses on eliminating all root causes of disease.
The skin is the largest organ in the body and is the outward mirror of a sign of imbalance inside the body. Tired, lack lustre appearance, presence of acne, eczema, dermatitis or even psoriasis can leave you feeling self conscious, unhappy and fed up.
No amount of creams, peels and magic potions can fix these skin conditions without addressing what is going on in the inside. Trust me I have spent many years as a paramedical aesthetician and dealt with many cases, it certainly helps but does not completely reverse it.
Stress, poor gut health, toxicity, inflammation, glycation and food sensitivities all play a major role in annoying skin conditions and ageing. So I encourage you to undertake the Truly Heal™ full questionnaire so we can get to the root cause of your skin condition and get to work on correcting it.
The Key Pillars used to target Aging & Skin Conditions
- Exercise: We gain many health benefits from regular exercise that is aerobic in nature.
- Diet and Nutrition: Scientists have found that what we eat and how much we eat influences how long and how well we live.
- Relaxation: Stress is unfortunately a by-product of our way of live, and can affect how quickly we age and how good we feel.
- Supplements: Taking good supplements is important to provide nutritional building blocks required by the body to function well, protect against free radical attacks and build strong immune systems.
- Medication: Using a balanced approach to vitamins, mineral and hormone supplementation through testing and assessment to restore normal levels can be highly effective in this wellness model.
- Inflammation: Reducing inflammation in the body is a direct way of reducing illness and promoting wellness.
- Genetics: Genetic research and testing is a growing area seeing remarkable steps in predictive and preventable health care in individuals.