Well it’s that time of year again, the weather’s turning chillier and coughs and colds could well be on the horizon.
As with all health issues and ailments, I’m a firm believer in prevention being key, so today I want to give you my top 5 tips for boosting your immune system enabling you to keep those nasty cold bugs at bay.
- Eat beautifully colourful food – These will be rich in antioxidants, which wipe out disease-causing free radicals. Think berries, oranges, spinach, kale. Create a rainbow on the serving platter at meal times to protect you and your family by giving your immune system a boost.
- Get garlicky – Garlic is an immune boosting superstar, but raw garlic is better than cooked, so add it in the final preparation of your rainbow meal.
- Sleep in – Lack of sleep and stress overload increase your cortisol levels, prolonged elevation of these are known to suppress immune function.
- Jump out of bed and get moving – Although it’s tempting to avoid exercise in winter, let’s face it we’d all rather stay huddled in bed, try to stick to your routine. Research has shown that exercise can help strengthen your immune system.
- Boost your glutathione levels – Glutathione is the cell’s primary protector and detoxifier. Unfortunately, your cells just can’t make enough of it. The solution is Cellgevity™ which provides your cells with patented nutrients that have been clinically shown to raise intercellular glutathione levels more effectively than any other supplement. READ MORE HERE.
My favourite rainbow immune boosting juice…
I’m a great fan of juicing and this one contains a rainbow of fruit and vegetables, rich in vitamins A and C; to help boost your immune system.
- 2 medium/large carrots
- 1 green apple
- 1 large beetroot
- 2 medium/large lemons, peeled
- 1 inch fresh ginger root
- 4 large sticks celery
Process all ingredients through juicer. Add 1/2 cup water. Mix well. Serve immediately.