Cancer is a word we are generally taught to fear in today’s society. We see it as a curse, a dead end street or just bad luck due to a lack of information. It has reached epidemic proportions world wide and its incidence continues to grow, now even affecting our children as a secondary generational affliction. I believe that moving forward, education is of primary importance, if we are to begin to halt cancer’s rampage.
What actually is cancer?
The simplest way to describe cancer is “abhorrent cell growth” It is the uncontrolled division of abnormal cells. These cells have lost the ability to self-destruct (apoptosis) due to their own mutations. Malignant cells grow until a mass of cells becomes a tumor and interfere with the normal functioning of that part of the body.
This has been a hot topic from the day cancer was first discovered. Unfortunately, even today we are still unsure of the exact reason cancer cells are formed. There is much debate and theory around this which I will discuss in upcoming blogs. Be rest assured though the immune system plays a vital role in eliminating these rogue cells before they get to the multiplying stage so it is of upmost importance to maintain strong immune function at all times.
What to do…
Firstly don’t panic! You have time, so take time to understand what is happening, ask questions, do your own research. Seek the root cause of your disease. Investigate what has worked for others. Seek outside support if you feel you need it. Coaches like myself are able to help you understand and give researched information to aid you in your cancer journey.
There are many lifestyle choices which can be implemented, some of which are more than likely to be contributing factors to your diagnosis, so these are well worth looking at as part of your recovery (see my seven pillars below…)
Investigate alternative treatments and products which will assist your recovery regardless if you are having conventional treatment or choosing the alternative path or a combination of both, these work wonderfully at boosting and supporting the immune system.
My Seven Pillars of Cancer Healing and Prevention
- Nutrition – Nutrition plays such a vital part to the equation – in healing and prevention, weather we are detoxing, trying to alkalise – food is thy medicine and it is very powerful.
- A Cancer Free World – We now live with many many toxins and our bodies are over burdened internally and externally, we need to eliminate as many of these toxins from our lives wherever possible.
- Detoxification – We live in such a toxic world! Our bodies are bombarded daily by chemical preservatives, pesticides, herbicides, PCBs and countless other toxins we ingest which all play havoc on all the systems of the body. Therefore its is important to look at the levels of toxicity in the body and support the pathways that help eliminate them. This is vital for prevention of cancer and also vitally important for recovery.
- Alternative and Integrated Therapies – This area is growing as more success is being encountered and more and more evidence seems to come from treating with a holistic approach, (mind body and soul) and searching back to the cause to correct the breakdown whilst supporting the system to be strong and healthy. This may also be supported by conventional treatment as deemed necessary.
- Emotional Cleansing – No one can deny there is an emotional component to cancer and seeking therapies that may help with clearing emotional blocks, pain and hurt should be undertaken – this is vital!
- Prevention – Let’s all start now by eating the right organic whole foods, detoxifying our bodies regularly, supporting our immune systems, being mindful and kind and reducing stress wherever possible. Let’s Educate ourselves and our children in working towards a toxic free world!
- Education – I feel education is the way forward. It’s imperative that as many people as possible are informed about what can be done to rid this world of cancer, it is a symptom of how we are living as a planet and things must change if we are to beat it! My three favourite inspirations for insight and education are Truly Heal, The Truth About Cancer and Integrated Health International.
I will continue to bring you news and articles about research into cancer prevention and healing.
As part of my ongoing education to gain my Masters in Natural Medicine from Quantum University in Honolulu, my dissertation focuses on Emotions & Beliefs and the impact on the physical body in relation to cancer from a quantum physics perspective.
The discoveries that research uncovers in this area are important in the prevention and healing process, my pledge is to share what I learn with you.